C.A.I.R.O.

F.I.R.E.I.N.C.A.I.R.O.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

No Money: Mo Problems



Mmmm. Due to some budgetary constraints, I’m now living on about $5 a day for the next week. That’s when those bitches at DFAIT give me my next payment. While $5 a day may seem low, considering some families pay about $7 a month in rent for a slum apartment here, the amount will due for the following staples: cigs, juice, falafel, shisha, tea, and about a fistful of opium.

(Just kidding about the dope, Mom.)

If you recall, I’ve complained about one of my roommates ad nausea on this blog (the Sinbad one), but now I kinda feel bad for him, as his laziness is approaching (I hope) its slothful nadir. For the past two days, hommie WOKE UP at 7 p.m. – and though he ate the piece of “aish” (which is translated as “life” and means bread) that I was saving for breakfast – he seems really down lately and hasn’t left the house in a while.

Also, he bought some baby food the other day and at the whole thing with a little spoon.

Pop Quiz: For how many years was the Great Pyramid at Giza the largest structure in the world? What replaced it?

…and

Top Four Releases I Want To Get Right Fucking Now But Can’t Because Buying Records In Egypt Is Like Buying Gum In Singapore So Please Yousendit Me These Releases Right Now:

1. Luomo – Paper Tigers: Still listening to the first two albums…still
2. VA – Kompakt Total 7: Total 7? More like Totally Awesome 7!
3. Justice Vs. Simian – We Are Your Friends: So what if Sweeny was on this three years ago? It’s new for the rest of us.
4. Lo Fi Fnk – Wake Up

5 Comments:

Blogger miss vanilli said...

The little spoon story was sad, but it also made me giggle. That's probably not very nice of me.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I will bring you those releases. Could I send them faster? Will they be searched at customs and burned in the street as protest against gay german techno?

6:35 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS, FUCK-O!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - did they really steal your CD in the mail?

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, its me again. We live in cairo too. we like ure blog.
email me

editors.inc@gmail.com

im a journalist too (are you really one?). though ive succumbed to copyediting right now. laterz.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home