C.A.I.R.O.

F.I.R.E.I.N.C.A.I.R.O.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Detroit


On a whim last May, I got a day off work, rented a Korean sedan and drove to Detroit by myself for 23 hours of non-stop techno. On the five-hour drive down to the Motor City (yes, I was speeding) I listened to Kompakt's Speicher series, Carl Craig, Richie Hawtin, Matthew Dear and Aphex Twin. Once in Detroit, I bought a Power Bar and a Red Bull and danced to Carl Craig, Matthew Dear, Chris Liebling, Speedy J, Bodycode, Mikkel Metal, Donnacha Costello, Josh Wink, Nitzer Ebb, John Acquaviva, and way too many more to recall. The next day I drove back to Toronto listening to Michael Mayer, Villalobos and more Carl Craig.

This year's DEMF has just been announced. Check out the lineup. It's mouthwatering.

A Guy Called Gerald
Abe Duque & Blake Baxter
Baby Ford & Zip
Booka Shade
Christian Smith
Claude VonStroke
Damian Lazarus
Gui Borrato
Guido Schneider
Jeff Mills
Loco Dice
Luciano
Marco Carola
Mathew Jonson
Michael Mayer
Mistress Barbara
Model 500 - live featuring Juan Atkins
Monolake
Moodymann
Rhythm & Sound - 6 hour dj/live with vocalist
Richie Hawtin
Steve Bug
Stacey Pullen
Vladislav Delay (aka Luomo)

I wonder how long it would take to drive from Cairo to Detroit?

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Or, you could just fly to berlin with your shit head lil sis and check out some vintage german beats, and maybe sample some of the German flavour. Read: Ketamine. Oh, and I don't think you can drive on water, but I could be wrong.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home