C.A.I.R.O.

F.I.R.E.I.N.C.A.I.R.O.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

No Smoking


It's been 19 days without a cigarette. It's been good to break the habit.
I mean, shit, I'm not a smoker. Who am I kidding? According to my brother I'm a cock smoker, but in my opinion, he's a douche bag, so, right, um, anyways, I haven't been buying cigarettes which means I'm saving a lot of money, right?
Not really.
Considering a pack of cigs is like $1.50, I've saved about $25. That's the price of exactly one drink at the Chelsea Room in Toronto, not that I ever hung out at that piece of shit.
Anyways, while I've kicked the habit, my shisha consumption has increased two-fold and the air quality in Cairo continues to deteriorate as the annual sand storm season kicks into high gear.
So, um, if I'm not saving money and I'm breathing bad air and I'm actually hurting my lungs more by sucking on a water pipe all day, then what the fuck is the point of quitting smoking?
I don't know.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Compensate with fresh juice and daily Nile-laps.
Sooooo refreshing....

P.S. When are you leaving C.Town?

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i am trying to stop smoking and buy some products so reminds me every day no to smoke
Stop smoking Now

4:18 AM  
Blogger Liivi said...

good question. it plagues me daily.
I jump up and down or run around the block really fast in -21 C temperatures.

11:21 AM  
Blogger miss vanilli said...

Well congrats on the progress thus far. In spite of the fact that your lungs continue to suffer, quitting smoking can be more of an exercise in self-control. You are working towards accomplishing something, kind of like cutting back on unnecessary weekly shoe purchases or something. Anyway, consider the money you will save once you leave the land of cheap cigs, and the joy your lungs will feel once you start breathing better air.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Well I believe our other brother is a cock duster, but still waiting confirmation on that. We better start when I get there,...I've been waiting to start on vacay with you again!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Fuck that. Smoking rules and you know it. I'm still mad I ever quit; all I have to show for it is 15lbs. I can't f--ing loose!

7:06 AM  
Blogger C.A.I.R.O. said...

Yeah, well, if you quit smoking, you have to make sure it's replaced by something. For me, that's been lots and lots of food. I'm up about 10 pounds over the past few months but I think that's just a sign of happiness rather than a physical reaction to no smokes....

1:35 AM  
Blogger Liivi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Liivi said...

that was me (the above deleted)
i wrote you a drunk expose about meeting danger mouse, high as a kite...

9:19 AM  
Blogger Liivi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home